Vitamin B6 plays an important role in mood regulation. Vitamin B6, also known as pyridoxine (from pyridoxine hydrochloride), is a water-soluble vitamin that your body needs for several functions, however your body cannot produce vitamin B6, so you must obtain it from foods or supplements.
The fact that Vitamin B6 plays an important role in your mood regulations is partly because this vitamin is necessary for creating neurotransmitters that regulate emotions, including serotonin, dopamine and GABA. It plays a role in your immune system function, brain development especially during pregnancy and infancy, creating haemoglobin, which is the part of red blood cells that carries oxygen.
Research has also shown that a Vitamin B6 deficiency may be linked with cognitive decline and dementia.
Benefits of Vitamin B6 include:
1. Assist with immune system function
2. Assist with the brain development especially during pregnancy and infancy
3. Plays a major role in creating neurotransmitters, including serotonin and dopamine
4. Has a role in creating haemoglobin, the part of red blood cells that carries oxygen
5. Increase the cognitive ability
The efficiency, and safety, and all listed information are all backed up with studies and linked to clinical data: